Sunday, November 2, 2008

UnHalloween =)

Halloween was pretty fuckin' memorable (excuse my language). I liked it. First, I got home from work and put on my baseball player costume. I was ready to go to the GL film festival until I got this revelation that being David Blaine would be so much better (for those of you who don't know the David Blaine spoof on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbYTm8U1v8&feature=channel). So I ended up being David Blaine, and even though not many people knew who I was at first, it was the most fun I ever had wearing a costume. Even more fun than when I was a fisherman.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Film Festival was pretty good. Food could have been better, but watching the videos we made with some of my best friends is always better than anything. I really like filming, and though I'm just starting, I would really like to see where that direction takes me. After the film festival I called up my "cuz" Ace Enriquez and went over to Sherry's house to hang out. The beginning of the night was chill, eating dinner and watching youtube videos about ninjas and explaining my costume. Then the most amazing thing happened: we hooked up Jen's NES and it WORKED! We spent a good portion of the rest of the night playing Duck Hunt, and Joyce played Mario Bros. (all I can say is that girl is a gamer, wow). She and Ace were pwning at Duck Hunt. Those ducks didn't stand a "mighty" chance in hell ;) The best part of the night could be summed up, as Ace put it, enjoying each others' company. Most of the night was spent conversing about things, we played connect for on Sherry's fridge, and somehow Ace busted out an interview book where we would answer questions like we were in a job interview. Ace had some very elaborate things to say, and lit a fire under my proverbial competitive ass. I was like, ok ok, it's 4am, but I'm at least gonna try my best to be as good as Ace, but wow Ace was really good at thinking on the spot. So were Charmaine and Charlene (even though Charmaine became lil' miss Evil Interviewer when asking her sister the questions ;) ). Haha, that was funny and it gave me a load of confidence when it came to job interviews. I was like, damn we could be this tired and STILL pull it off. The night wasn't done there. After that we moved on to theological and philosophical questions regarding marriage and financial security. It ended up getting real intense but we loved every minute of it. My favorite part was that everyone was arguing their points very rationally, instead of relying on fallacies and incomplete truths, and we talked 'til the sun started to rise. We finally went to bed and it was nearly 6:30. We woke up at 12 the next day and went to In N Out to end a great Halloween.

I would talk about our discussion on marriage, but I'm running out of time, and I want to go to bed before I get sick, so I'm gonna start wrapping this up.

Daniel, Bryce and I decided to check out the new Gardenwalk in Anaheim last night because none of us had ever been there before. The place was really nice with a bar and club in the corner, but there was nobody there. It was like a secret mall. The best part was when we checked out their bowling lanes, 300. Wow, I have never seen such cool/classy bowling lanes. We weren't planning on spending money, but we were like "Fuck it, this place is too cool." It is now my number 1 spot I have ever bowled and I definitely plan on coming back. You get to personally choose the size and weight of your ball among the cool hip atmosphere. Good thing there was no one there though. Their structure seems like it would be a long wait on busy night.

I'm definitely not going to hit all my bullet points from last night, hopefully I can expand on it tomorrow, but I'd just like to share two quick things. The people around you influence who you are and a lot of people I've been hanging out with/talking with recently have really showed the light of God to me and have kinda brought me back to the heart of worship. I'm still struggling, but I know love, and I know that God is Love, and I just need to go back to my foundations for now. Lastly, I see a lot of wisdom in my friend/cuz Ace (actually both my friends named Ace, haha) but one in particular has really been showing Christ to me and looks at the big picture instead of just one little thing. That's a rare quality, but I hope to be able to embody that talent someday.

That's it for tonight. I went to BJ's and ended up throwing up when I got home...not good :( But expect another blog tomorrow night if I don't get too busy studying for my Tuesday midterm (I want to hit all those bullet points) Goodnighttt!!!