I'm fucked.
No, seriously, not good. I'm looking over the classes I need for my major, but the problem is I DON'T KNOW MY MAJOR and the classes are COMPLETELY different in each specific area. Now if I decide to go into Entertainment Studies I'm fine, but if I want to go to the exciting, risky career of Radio-TV-Film (a field I'm very interested in, but do not know much about) I haven't taken any classes this semester that will qualify for that field (other than my 1 upper division GE class). Great, I just spent $1700 this semester for ONE UNIT! Now you see how I'm fucked? I also might want to go into Speech Communication, which is an entirely different field altogether. I would be in the same boat as if I did radio-tv-film, but I know a lot more about Speech Communication. What I'm worried about though is my ability (or lack thereof) to hear hindering my progress in that field. I can learn about something all day, but if I'm talking to someone, and I have to ask them to repeat themselves, we may run into some impatient people who would break down the communication channel. (I already know that I have friends that, when I ask them to repeat something, they just say "nevermind." Well fuck you)
I'm just really bummed out right now because I've got two days to decide on a path that will last me 2 years. If I go Speech, I can't turn around and do Radio-TV-FILM because I would have lost (wasted) an entire year of classes (though I'm getting all this great knowledge from my present classes, the college system will just eff me over). Same with Radio-TV-Film, but at least if I end up not liking it then I can fall back onto Speech, which is something I know I could do anywhere (even if hearing ends up being a problem). Decisions, decisions: Do I take the risky path that I'm either going to love or hate? Do I take a path that I might be bored in but I have a lot of knowledge on the subject? Or do I take the path of Public Relations or Entertainment Studies that I already have class credits going in that direction?
Please give me your imput if you read this. And please don't tell me to follow my heart because my heart says do ALL, but I realistically can't do this. Tell me what you think, your own imput, because I definitely can't make this decision without the help and support of the people around me. Thanks guys =)