Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Memorable Night

We had a memorable night tonight, but I'm not going to write it all down (because I write too late for my tastes and I'm always tired). I enjoyed tonight, even if I AM the biggest clutz in the world. I felt like I was making a fool of myself, a feeling bordering very close on embarrassment (keep in mind that I have this self-imposed rule on myself that I cannot be embarrassed). My favorite part of the night though was going to Barnes and Nobles and reading Calvin and Hobbes to Stephanie (ah the memories) and reading The Watchmen for the first time. I'm excited, I plan on finishing this graphic novel by the time the movie comes out in March.

We all need a hero, but I try to be one too much.

My mind is reeling, worrying if I'll lose this game, worrying if I'll slip up and that will be the end of it. In my heart I know it's not a game, but no matter how hard I try, I still play by the rules of the game. For a "rebel" I'm a pretty big rule-abider. You can wish for things to be easier, or step your game up and try harder.

My favorite quotes of the day: "If everyone gave an eye for an eye, the whole world would be blind." -Ghandi

"I sure hope I'm not pregnant." Lori (our waitress)

"Sacraments are a visible sign of an invisible grace." -Parts Unknown (Mike?)

I'm really happy right now, but I can't keep putting school off secondary to hang out with my friends. I've got to balance better, a little more on the educational side.

I made a new friend today. She's Ji. She's Korean from Venezuela.

I'm looking forward to Black Friday, as well as having work off.

BTW, I want to have an American Pie movie day and watch the 3 originals. I really want to spend the summer at a lake in a lakehouse with my best friends. That would be amazing (so would Stifler's mom).