We just needed some one-on-one time with each other. I was reflecting today at Liwanag why things haven't been going so well with me and God recently. After verbally acknowledging it with one of my friends who came outside to check and see if I was alright (I just needed some water for my throat, but it was nice to know that someone was looking out for me). Verbally acknowledging that I've been questioning my faith, especially with someone other than Mike, really put things into perspective. When I came back inside and Abby was praying, I said my own little prayer to God. I was like: God, here's our one-on-one time We've been wanting, now what? What's been wrong these past couple months? Then I realized, it's been ME. I've been so selfish, wanting to do things MY way, making excuses for it "that I'm only human, when I've been keeping God at arms length. I realized I haven't been doing what I pledged myself for God to do: let the Holy Spirit guide me, let me be God's hands and feet. I haven't been letting God in. Very ironic how the next song was talking about surrendering yourself and that there's nothing we can do but just let God work through us. Dear Lord, send your grace to move through me because only with Your grace am I able to do great things for You.
We have a new president. I won't tell you who I voted for, but I will talk to you about the propositions if you're interested (I just hope that you don't regret your decisions afterward).
Jenna's baby shower Saturday, this is looking to be one BUSY weekend.
I'm a little "crushed" ;) You never know where the rode is going to take you, but unfortunately I always seem to stop and come back to the lamppost (Chronicles of Narnia reference, I'm such a nerd, I know...). Sometimes I wish that snow wouldn't get in the way of these paths and make me think twice about going down that one. My last relationship was different because there wasn't any snow (that's how we got together), but there was a lot of smoke (from her cigarettes =P *RIMSHOT!*) Goodnight, I hope to blog in class tomorrow, eff Mass Media Comm.