For some reason I wanted to talk about sex in my blog tonight. It's a topic I don't usually read in other people's blogs that I would like to bring up. Is it taboo? Is it uncomfortable?
I made up a new quote today (and as result I also made up a new word)
"'Tentativity is passive, while courage is active."
Editor's note: 'tentativity' was derived from the word tentative, meaning uncertain, doubtful, timid, hesitant, and combined with the root -ity. I don't know what -ity means but I will call tentativity "the action of being tentative." But in respect to my quote, tentativity isn't an action at all. I believe people can naturally be timid or scared to do things, but overcoming that is courage, which you have to actively take part in. To me, that would explain why courage is so endearing: you have to work to make it happen.
I try to be courageous. I dunno if I am because half the time I don't tell people how I really feel. This brings me back to a wall I thought I had removed from myself many years ago, but I look at it now and it seems to have built itself back up again. This brick wall is not the same wall, but a rebuilt wall. Each brick made from something different. Though as not to get so down on myself, what I have been doing is removing bricks from time to time, for a special few, but I remove these bricks from the top instead of from the foundation which would cause the wall to topple and fall. I really do miss being able to share freely.
Role Models for Scuba's birthday was a blast. That movie was much funnier than I expected, and I could relate to a lot of the characters (not just the D&D nerds mind you =P) But I highly recommend that movie. It was really good seeing familiar faces tonight too. (There were SMILES all around) =D
I'm liking this Watchmen book (I don't care if it's a "graphic novel," it's still easier to say book) more and more. I'm already on the third chapter, and though things are going slow, it makes me want to keep reading. Today will be the 6th or 7th day out of 9 that I will be flossing. Those are good numbers for me: breaking my floss per year ratio ;)
I'm expecting to right a serious blog once I finish these midterm papers soon. I need it. And I've also got to reflect why I started writing blogs in the first place because right now, I'm writing for the wrong reasons.