I'm not doing so great right now. Even after all of these assurances, I'm worried. For a day to have been so great, it seems impossible that such misery could be present.
Today I was able to hear the strength and resolve in my friend's voice as they packed up their stuff and evacuated their home in Yorba Linda. That is the second friend in two days that I've talked to that has had to evacuate because of fire. My day was filled with happiness, sports, and relaxation while theirs was filled with devastation. This is the part that baffles me, everyone I've talked to from Yorba Linda isn't too worried. While I'm sitting here panicking, and stressing out, they're calmly telling me that they're fine, and that they are being evacuated to Chapman University.
This is the second time I've been shown such confidence and resilience in the face of tragedy this weekend. I would keep writing, but I think my feelings are beyond words right now.
Why must I be so cynical about this subject? Why can't I be relaxed and nonchalant about the situation in my mind as I appear to be on the outside? I know the reasons why and most of it is because I care too much.
Tired. (to be continued...)