Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Firin' The Engine

Tonight was a good Liwanag meeting. It gave me a chance to think about why I've been acting the way I have towards God. It seems that I've put up a mask again, a mask with a dual purpose: to hide myself from God, and to seem more acceptable to others. I've started caring again too much about what others think and not enough about what God thinks. I've also settled on the idea that, because God is all-knowing, there is no way to impress Him. Instead, I try to impress other people, which isn't related to my faith at all, but to my own selfish wants.

Realizing these things is the first step. I started sweating during praise and worship, and it felt like it was getting hot. Is this the beginning of lighting the fire in my heart again? We'll see, for now I need to just refocus myself and take it to the limit.

Also, tonight seemed kinda awkward. I can't quite place my finger on it.