Tuesday, April 28, 2009

School and Apprehension

I'm beginning to understand my peers apprehension about school work. I've got a lot of homework to do in a short time to do it (mostly because of work, but other responsibilities add to that). I've been lucky enough to not have to worry about it most of the time. I think it has something to do with my confidence in my abilities, or maybe my homework is just really easy.

I love school right now, and I think the homework assignments I get are very nontraditional and can be a lot of fun. The reason why I look at school this way is because I have confidence in it. I use my small successes to motivate me and keep my spirit high through the times when I'm struggling or feeling rushed with my homework. Today was one of those days. I definitely felt rushed, and I know I didn't write to the best of my abilities for the homework assignment I have due tomorrow morning. Now here's one thing I could do: I could stay up all night refining it and making it better, but in the end, I know it won't be much better because I'm far too tired to process at 100% this late at night. As a matter of fact, I should be sleeping because I'm going to get woken up at 630am. I think a lot of people do this though, and they remain apprehensive because they didn't trust their ability to get the assignment done right the first time. They stress and stress, then feel miserable when they get their assignment back with a bad grade. I definitely feel the same way. I feel crushed when I see a bad grade, but I try to limit the stress leading up to that. If I know it, I know it. If I don't, then I don't, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I never would have thought I'd be this disappointed after winning a game 13-2. Yeah, we won, but we played horrible. My kids are really losing their focus and screwing around, and it's up to me to bring it back. I want them to understand that they have the talent to go a long way, but if they waste that talent or not put it to use, then they're just going to fail and be unhappy. These guys are amazing, but now it's time to teach them the next step.