Friday, April 10, 2009

Let it Be

What a difference two days of focusing on God could have.

I guess the best word I could describe my Holy Week so far would be "Amen", or "So be it", or as I like to call it now: "Let it be."

I went to Reconciliation for the first time in 3 months yesterday, and I felt so relieved and helped. I tried to go during the retreats for Confirmation 2 but there really wasn't enough time. I made a scheduled meeting with Fr. John Francis and we talked about some good things. He really articulated some of the emotions I was feeling and helped me understand why I was feeling that way. I need to stop building up anger towards people and withhold love from them. Instead, I should be compassionate and treat them right, and just let them be who they are. It's not my job to change people, I'm not God, but it's my job to love them.

Another thing I need to "let be" is Good Friday and my sentimental emotions towards it. For a long time, I've seen this day as a day of mourning reflecting on how we killed Jesus...to be continued cause I fell asleep