...and it wasn't just Jesus.
May Good Friday be a day of hope instead of a day of mourning. However, some very tragic news has come to my attention. A great man Bryce Gautier passed away recently (whether killed in action or not, I do not know) serving the army. I don't know what to say, I don't know how to react. All that can be said is that every memory I have of Bryce is a good one, and there's not a lot of people I can say that about. He was a man who was always quick with his words and one of the funniest people I will ever know. He was comfortable with himself, never hesitating on the spontaneous, and always dancing the night away. When it came to dancing, he reminded me much of myself: no fear, just dancing for fun, no matter when, no matter where. Some of my favorite memories of him are bowling with him. Every time he or I bowled a good frame, he would do a little dance, pop n locking, and it made the night so much better. He always brought a smile to my face, and I thank him for that. Such a tragic way to die, and I know that people will be saying "Oh, he signed up for it. He knew what he was getting himself into." Please don't rationalize that. Nobody signs up to die. Whether it was part of the job description or not, there is no way to justify something so sad. I wish there was something I could do or say, but I know I've just got to let it be. I will be the rock, I will be the ears, I will listen to and comfort those in need. But besides that, I need to let be. God, I pray to you to comfort those in need, bless those affected by this tragedy, and welcome Bryce's soul in heaven.
It was great to see Julisa today and also talking at Subway for 2 and a half hours will be memorable. I don't want to be one of the forgotten, and I hope that I can be blessed not to forget.