Monday, April 6, 2009

Banged Up

I really wanted to blog about something I was thinking about in mass today, but I can't remember it. I guess it serves me right for not being fully conscious and actively participating in the mass. Today was good. Hooked up Scuba with Warcraft, so we gonna be playing some DOTA soon. I'm stoked, finally someone to play online games with. LAN last night was pretty good, but it dragged on a little bit. I was really tired, and was having trouble hanging in there until we hit some technical difficulties, then I was just gone. I fell asleep at 1am, and they woke me up when we left at 2.

So...my car got hit. Don't worry, I'm fine, for the most part. My neck is starting to feel a little stiff. I was making a left turn onto my street, when I was rear-ended in a three-car collision. Some guy hit an old asian lady who hit me. His car and my car were in drivable shape, but her Honda was done. It sucks for her because she really wasn't doing anything (I'm pretty sure she was stopped), but that guy hit her. We'll see what happens with the insurance companies this week to get my car taken care of.

I can't stop thinking about a lot of things (haha, I know that doesn't make any sense). I've been thinking a lot about fantasy baseball, coaching the Boys and Girls Club Allstar team, my car, my speech, and people. I'm trying to see how I feel about all of the above, and it's hard to find a distinct position. I've become so happy lately that my biggest fear is feeling sad, so I've been trying my best to keep myself out of situations that will make me sad. I don't know how to respond to that this week, as we recognize a very sad day and a very HAPPY day during Easter. Do I want to go to Good Friday mass and risk feeling sad, or do I want to skip it for my own piece of mind? Would God want me to skip something He did for me? I doubt it, but I'm still scared. YATD(ah) should really help me articulate my thoughts more. That's a problem I've been having lately: I've been so busy that I haven't been able to sit down with someone and have a thoughtful theological conversation. I want to have dialogue like we did today. That's what's most important to me: talking.

"I want to love you, I want to see your face, I want to know you more."

PS. I watched Wrestlemania tonight, and HBK vs. Undertaker was AMAZING <3