Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I've Got a Gift
Before I forget, I wanted to blog about this. Things come to us in expected ways, and today was a revelation. As I was volunteering with HPC today at Main Street, a couple of guys set up across from us and started hip-hop tap dancing. I started dancing with the music and copying what they were doing, even though I had never done it before. The ladies working with me saw this and commented that I'm a really good dancer. I went on this spfeel about the difference between choreography and freestyle, and pop n lock and break dancing, until they told me that I have a gift: I have the ability to watch someone dance and be able to copy it in my own unique way. A savant. Somebody told me about savants once. Mel is a music savant with the piano. Other people can just pick up something and do it. For some reason, I've got that with dancing. I've got a gift.