Friday, April 24, 2009

Internship Hope

Where have I been all Comm Week!?

I have been missing out on so much. I went to two workshops today (only two), and they may have helped me in my indecision of my future. I went to the Paramount Pictures Publicity workshop just to get credit for my morning class, but boy was I surprised. A lot of things the lady talked about were really exciting to me AND things that I'm good at. It seemed to involve a lot of PR and marketing, and made me remember my marketing class from last year. After the workshop/presentation I was motivated to go learn more about PR and find out how to get an internship.

I searched through the schedule of workshops, and I noticed one at my old CSUF Irvine Campus hosted by my old PR teacher, Julie Gleba. When I got there, I felt out of place because everyone in the class but me was enrolled in that class and thought they only had a guest speaker. She worked for Kelly's Blue Book and gave a great presentation about Public Relations and social media. After class, I approached my teacher and she remembered me. She also remembered my excellent grade in the class from the previous semester (98%, I thought this was impressive because I didn't talk much, if at all, in class). I asked her about public relations and we talked for a bit. I asked her how do I get an internship. She recommended the internship program. Then it seemed like I was being given a break when she said that she had some friends in the film industry and she would ask them if they had any internship spots for me. You cannot imagine how excited I was/am. I really hope this works out because I really want to see what I can do in this field.

Things got even more productive after that with the phone calls I needed to make to people I work with as well as finalizing plans for Shark Club tonight. Shark Club was great (I've been at better though), and it's always great to dance with your friends. I also made some new ones =)

Word of the night: Big Bird =P

I really hope that I figure out my future soon because it looks so bright.