Not a very productive night academically, but I will persevere tomorrow morning before work. Remember that Confucius paper I was writing? I got a 100% on it, as well as an A on my test I took today. Now that we're getting into Christianity and Islam in World Religions I'm ready to rock the proverbial shit out of this class =P
Outrageous Acts paper is going decent. I know what I want to write about, but I get too distracted when I write (maybe I'll stay after at school tomorrow night if I don't finish my paper before work (hope not thouhg bc that would mean no Liwanag)).
So we had the Confirmation 1 retreat this weekend. I thought it was awesome (I think Mike liked it a bit more than I did, but I can see where he's coming from), some things we could have done better, but we set the tone for them on their Confirmation journey. Music Ministry from Undersky was awesome. Our leaders answered the call and really came through with their small groups. There didn't seem to be many "tough" families out there this year, but there were a few exceptions. Tina needs to stop putting what she sees as "the bad kids" all in the same class! Its destroying them :( Speaking of Tina destruction, she has yet to see a fraction of how angry I can be regarding my friends and the Church. I understand her reasons for removing one of my friends from the retreat because of technical issues like fingerprinting, but she has got to be one of the most disagreeable persons I've ever met when it comes to Human Communication. I dunno, maybe she only talks to cats? But there's got to be a middle ground, and it has to be the same all across the board, not just for people that intimidate her. (I wonder how many of the nights and parents are safety trained and fingerprinted, hmm. I also wonder why Livescan for our jobs does not translate to the Diocese for fingerprinting as the Livescan is much more efficient, universal, and works better). Back to the retreat: My favorite part as MC would have to be filling in for family leaders as the went to the restroom and getting to know the people in the families. I would give myself a C+ for my speaking skills on the microphone as MC, but maybe a low A, high B for my communication and listening skills to the retreatants this weekend. I really want everyone to know that I'm here for whatever they need.
I'd like to end with this really good Theological conversation I had with my new friend Stephanie Garcia tonight.
stephesteph25 (11:02:38 PM): I love how you use the word theology instead of religion
Yostevo7 (11:03:08 PM): haha, thanks
Yostevo7 (11:03:09 PM): i think
Yostevo7 (11:03:29 PM): its cause i think religion can be a misleading term
Yostevo7 (11:04:04 PM): people can sometimes interpret it to just be a noun: christianity, islam, judaism, buddhism, etc/
Yostevo7 (11:04:22 PM): but theology seems to me to be more of an action, a study of, an understanding
stephesteph25 (11:05:57 PM): :)
It's not just a noun...it's an ACTION.
Shine like the Son my friends,
Steven