Thursday, October 30, 2008

Foggin' It

Everything is so foggy right now...no...literally. It was an adventure driving home tonight. I was able to witness people running obvious red lights right in front of me. I had this urge to get a camera and use the flash to scare the shit out of people driving by: "Oh no! They added a camera light there?!" Nice little fog analogy about my current situation: I'm starting to see through the fog, but it's not clear yet.

I'm going to be honest, I hate that the Adore Concert was canceled. I really tried to present good reasons to keep it and alternatives to ticket sales, but it just wasn't working. Too many multiple factors pointing in the wrong direction. But you know me, always trying to take something positive out of something negative: I think that we all learned something about ourselves through this experience. Some revelations differ from others, but my personal ones were hearing Tony describe the concert as the people aren't really there to see a band they don't know. They're there to see their friends or people from their parish, or just a general excuse to praise God, which brings me to my next point. Stephanie Garcia reminded me that it's easy to get lost in the planning, coordination, and perfectiveness trying to put on a good event that we lose sight of the reason we were doing this in the first place: to praise God. Does it matter if we have a good show, but we do it empty-hearted, or if we have a bad show but do it with all our love and passion for God? I think, as Mike would say, it's not an "either/or" but a "both/and." The passion drives us to try our best and work as hard as we could, and then, even if it doesn't sound Bon Jovi/Justin Timberlake, at least we're doing it for God. Thank you for reminding me of that.

I think initially there may be hurt feelings, but in the end we will come out stronger and more resolved than ever before (God has a funny way of humbling us when we get too high up on that horse). My biggest grief comes that we no longer will be having Jackie as our guest speaker (I was really looking forward to meeting her) and that I hope we didn't lose any credibility from the people that were excited to come see us. Liwanag has their benefit concert coming up in the end of November. Hmmm, maybe we can play a song or two =) I'd like that.

Oh yeah, and I really liked Ace's frenchie costume and Ray and Gerard's "Darrell" costumes ('Can I have yo number?'). I thought that was pretty original. What's going on for Halloween after 9pm?! If you're looking for two good looking guys for a costume party...Ace and I may not be the best looking, but we know how to wear costumes ;) (btw, I like when people comment my blogs and now would be a great time, go go go =P )

Happy birthday Camila! I know for a fact that your day is going to be good ;)