Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just a Little Bit

Why must we be afraid of change? Why not embrace it? Accept it? We reach a pivotal point when we realize the change is there, and we decide whether it is a positive and we should embrace it, or a negative and try to resist, or change, the change. The fail emerges when we don't recognize our actions and continue selfishly without checking on our self-awareness. I hate the word "change." I think we should adapt it to fit the situation: develop, proceed, alter, twist, transform, revolutionize, amend. If we stand still, the world will pass us by. We need to develop and proceed with our lives, but at the same time keep in mind the values we hold true, and not losing those in the process. A flower "changes" all the time, yet it is still beautiful. =)

Not much has been going on lately, but I have been rekindling a lot of old relationships. So though not much has been going on, I've been having a good time doing nothing. It's relaxing, a luxury I know I can enjoy for a little, but don't forget that I've got some work I really need to get started on. Last two big midterms in the next two weeks. If I defeat them, I'm optimistic about my final grades this semester. If not, I'll just have to work harder.

Daniel, Lisa, and I went to Barnes and Noble after the C2S meeting last night. It was fun minus discovering how ADD Lisa can be. Like seriously, you can't have a five minute conversation with her about any ONE thing. She can't sit still. Then we went over to Downtown Diz to get some late night Jamba Juice, and I was a little happy someone wasn't working last night. An avoided encounter led to a happy night :)

Today was chill too. Highlight of the day, besides selling tickets at St. Polycarp, was talking on the phone for about an hour, building bridges. I was very surprised that someone could open up to me in a short amount of time. It made me happy that I could instill that trust into another person as well as share my own thoughts. I don't get to do that as much as I should.

It's one thing to write your feelings down on a blog, or paper, or whatever. It's another thing to share them with another individual and talk about it.

On last thing: Charmaine, answer your phone so I can tell you about the retreat! =P

P.S. The first thing you read after posting your blog on this website is "Need to change it?"

;)