Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Excuse Me Monsters?"

Queen Mary was sooo much fun. Overall, it was a much better experience than Halloween Haunt at Knott's. Going with Stephanie was really the highlight of the night. Her "scardiness" and child-like attitude was worth price of admission alone (it was so cute! HAHA). We went in almost all the mazes AND we ended up starting the dance floor at both of the "clubs." That's right, Queen Mary Shipwreck has dance clubs. I battled these 4 or 5 black girls at the end of the night, and it was sooo much fun. Props to them for coming over and going along with it. It was kind of disappointing to see most of the ship closed off and half of the mazes were outside (6 mazes total). But the highlight of the night has to be when Stephanie came up to one of the monsters outside and asked in her little quiet voice "Excuse me monsters, where's the bathroom?" Only you Stephanie =P

The twist of the night would have to go to me. I need to write an outrageous acts paper where I act outside of my gender for my women studies class so I decided to use tonight as the best opportunity. I'm not usually one to get scared, though some can vouch for times when I've been scared (key word "usually"), but I tried to outdo Stephanie by being scared and seeing her reaction and other people's reactions. It was interesting to say the least and Stephanie told me she wasn't scared very much anymore after the third maze because "You seemed more scared during that maze than I was..." Haha, when I told her the truth at the end of the night it was gold :) What a great night, thank you Stephanie, and thank you monsters.