Why do we look for something that's right in front of our face?
Because the fun comes with the chase, duh.
Hoku song night for me. Bringing back the good memories of Nickelodeon and the movie "Snow Day."
I've never really understood the "white privilege" that I have until today through my women studies class. I really have had things a lot easier for me and I actually have the theoretical boots to pull myself up with their bootstraps. A lot of people aren't blessed with bootstraps, or even boots for that matter. I don't resent my upbringing at all. As a matter of fact, I'm thankful for it, but I do now recognize it and recognize others' difficulties they may have in advancing in a class-based society. Tomorrow looks like a SUPER FUN night, but I have a decision to make: poker with the guys, clubbing with kaba modern and the girls, Disneyland with Nikki and Khrystyn, or stay at home and rest because I have class the next day at 9. I know I'm probably going to choose the most unhealthy one for me (because, y'know, that's just how I am). Maybe someone has some insight for what I should do, but I don't really want to stay home.
In Samoa, they where a flower over their ear to signify if a person is single or taken. Over the right ear = taken. Over the left ear = single.
My right ear has been getting a bit sun burnt lately =P