Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mmm Whatcha Say

One of my good friends messaged me regarding the last part of my blog last night. I really liked his insight, but it also showed that I'm no expert in any particular field =P My friend (let's call him Schmace Schmenriquez) was made a good point that both parties need to meet halfway in a relationship and a key thing about building a "closer friendship" is knowing each others bounds. I never really thought of the "bounds" before. I guess I'm a little stuck in my own mentality that "love knows no bounds" but I fail to be a realist and recognize that people are human, and some areas require a great deal of trust to let in. But to clarify a point I made last night about going 100% according to my analogy. Fabian and I both knew that we had to go 100% on the field to get better, because going 50%, or halfway, wasn't going to cut it for us. Now my comparison relates to relationships because both people need to go 100% and want to be in the relationship and make it work. If both sides are going 100, then a side takes a step back, they're still going 95 (which is above California's speed limit) but they're still strong. If both sides are going 50, and one side takes a step back to 45, it kinda seems like "halfassing" it. But I guess it all depends on your perspective. Damn my head hurts, this feels like a math problem with all these numbers. I'm thinking too much into this. I'll wrap it up with a value I had when regarding math problems: Simplify it. It makes things easier and you're not being too hard on yourself. Simply comes down to love. "Love the Father with all your heart, all your mind, and all your sould, and Love your neighbor as yourself." I can't date myself so I gotta settle for the next best thing: my neighbor =P Oh yeah, and I'd like to thank Schmace for helping me reflect a little bit, even though he doesn't know it ;)

Trying is hard, especially when you don't want to rush things. I need to trust more.

One more thing, to clarify a clarification to have some clarity =P Both sides have to want it and be on the same page to make it better. There, haha, that summed up everything I was trying to say. =)