Monday, October 6, 2008

Infinite Playlist

Steve is BACK, and once again, in old form. I've been kind of disappointed in my blogs lately, not very informative or deep, but tonight I have been inspired.

I saw the movie Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist tonight with my friend Lauren. She doesn't read my blogs so I can write about her here =P (hope you're reading this Lauren). I'm not going to sit here and write a review, but I will tell you some of the things that inspired me. First of all, Lauren didn't really like it (it wasn't what she expected), but I, on the other hand, really liked it (which I wasn't expecting). Here's why: I live my life like a movie. It's really bad, but really entertaining at the same time. I wish events could happen in my life like they do in a movie. I get knocked down, then run in the rain and knockout three guys just to get the girl back in the end. This movie had some really good parts, like when Norah says to Nick in his car "You're like my musical soul mate." I have some friendgirls that I would feel the same way about other parts of my life with them. It just goes to show how far a special bond can bring two people. The whole movie centers around music. Nick is a musician in a band with his friends (who are gay btw), and Norah is the daughter of a famous music producer (but Nick doesn't know this until later). The movie progresses with their love for music as well as trying to help each other, getting frustrated, but realizing that they want to be together in the end. Sorry if I ruined the movie for you, but that's kind of how I see myself: the lovable loser, that, really, all the girls want, but they just don't know it, y'know?

Another thing, very subtle, and also very strange was being inspired by one of the friends. Just the way he talks to people, he acts like no one cares, self-confidence and watching out for his friends. The character was inspirational to me, even though it was a very minor character. I want to treat my friends that way (not act gay, of course =P) but be there for them and look out for them even when they don't want it. Cute line: "Goodnight my little heterosexual heroine."

So I'm kind of bummed I didn't stick to my original idea of being genuine for this blog, it did turn out to be a review. Here's what I really wanted to write about when it came to not caring. When Lauren and I left the movie, I danced shamelessly on the sidewalks of the Spectrum. Not caring what people would think of me and having fun at the same time. I apologized to Lauren for laughing so loud during the movie, that might bring unwanted attention to her, but my dancing I won't apologize for. I love it, and even though some people might be embarrassed when I do it around them, I think that the embarrassment comes because everyone else is too afraid to do it too. Have no fear guys, "dance like no one's watching," and live to your own little playlist, whether it be rock, rap, oldies, jazz, bluegrass, indie just have FUN. =)