Monday, June 23, 2008

Night 3 of River '08

Here it is, final night. It’s kind of sad to see it go, but truthfully I’m ready. I’m refreshed. I was reading Models of the Eucharist by Kevin Irwin and the model about Covenant Renewal discussed how, as Catholics, we are called to be obedient. We do not search for a god that suits our needs. We do not create gods that fit our personality. We conform to the social justice God calls of us to be better people. Instead of being selfish, we become selfless. This is one of the hardest things to do, don’t get me wrong, which is why Catholicism isn’t the most popular religion, but it becomes easier once we know that there is hope and we put our trust in God. “Let thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” We say this every time we pray the “Our Father,” but I feel like I personally need to start trusting God more. I try to do things on my own that just seem too overwhelming, and I know that I need His help.

I got burnt today. Not too bad, but my shoulders are really red. The rest is actually kinda tan (something that doesn’t usually happen to me). I went fishing tonight, but I didn’t catch anything, which was kind of disappointing. Makes me want to come back here as soon as possible. Daniel and I also beat Julie and her friend at “tandem-jumping off of docks,” a new sport we invented, similar to H-O-R-S-E. Tomorrow my baseball team has their semi-finals game, but I don’t know who or where. It should be interesting because if they win the championship, I’ve got to be true to my word and shave my head. Wouldn’t you LOVE to see that? =P