What happened? What has made friends enemies? What has caused us to drift apart? You can't spell "drift" without "rift." What has caused this rift? Was it something said? Was it mixed emotions? Were those emotions unstabe? Were you having a bad day, a day so bad that it has changed your perceptions of the people closest to you, causing you to push them away? What happened?!
No offense, because this isn't a knock on anyone, but I'm tired of people blaming others for the "rift." It isn't any better to blame yourself either. Something's gotta give, and you have to make the first step to preserve that relationship. This life is one big swirl of complications and drastic changes that it would be divine to escape all of it and remain unchanged, unhurt, perfect. You WILL make mistakes, but it's what I've learned and what I've always taught my kids at Boys and Girls Club, it's what you do after those mistakes, after those trying times, that determines who you are. You are in control of your choices, don't let others dictate them. Yet at the same time, realize that you are not an island: a heavy boulder is a whole lot easier to move with other people than by yourself. We need each other. For some reason, this individualistic United States culture has forgotten that and instilled in its children the idea that to be strong, you must be by yourself. Why is it that people feel so much stronger when they have the support of the people around them, or when they are in happy, healthy relationships?
This is really pissing me off because of the blame. People blame others, then let those accusations determine how they will live their life. Their blame may be misplaced or even outright wrong, but they will close themselves to possibly the best thing in their lives because of their fear of responsibility. I'm afraid of responsibility too. I'm scared of people relying too much on me because honestly, there's not enough of me to go around and I'm afraid of letting them down.
Dear God, find these people. Let them see Your face, and capture their hearts again.
I've got to be the MC for our huge Adore Concert at St. Polycarp. I hope everyone can make it. It would mean so much and you get to have Eucharistic Adoration and AWESOME music. What's not to love? I pray that this event really shows off the potential Guiding Light is capable of, that we can help our parish and give back to the community. Today at 7pm to 9pm, if you read this in time.
Don't forget that there is no substitute for hard work. Your life is spectacular with your magical relationships, don't let them slip away because there's no production or happiness in harboring grudges or ill-willk.