Word of the night: insomnarific (devised from the words insomnia and terrific)
Communications, especially interpersonal communications, interests me so much. Tonight was an opportunity to use my knowledge and grow as a person and as a friend through what I have learned through experiences and through class. I am a strong believer that life is about experiences. I believe that the more experiences I have to communicate to others, the more effective a person I will be. I want to be able to help others that seek it and be able to help them effectively. Back to an earlier blog about fears, I think another one of my big fears is lack of knowledge. I'm afraid that I won't know the answer to a question when sought for it at a critical time. I have been told that there's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know," but I don't want to be the person who doesn't know. It is a personal flaw I posses that comes with the desire to make others happy. I know I'm not the only person who cherishes the happiness of others, and I believe that it is people like that who let the world continue to experience it.
Those who sacrifice their happiness for that of others are at fault though. Whether they be doing it out of Agape or of Eros, they are not prioritizing themselves enough and will eventually "run out" and burn out. I don't know if I've talked about this before, but we must receive love in order to give love in return. Initially we have that easy for us because God has loved us first, but we need to show His love to others through our actions. It's like the Colorado River (which I'm going to this weekend, and I hope to write some blogs there too): the Ice melts from the Mountains and goes into the river as water. The water flows from one source, but branches off into different paths and directions. Some rivers are hundreds of yards wide, some only a few feet. Without receiving enough of that water (love), some rivers dry up and do not make it all the way to the Pacific oceans, but the rivers that receiving enough (love) do and meet together again when they reach the ocean. Love comes from God, and the strong love brings us back together and back to Him. Woot, the community, the ocean, the strength of love brings us to God! So beautiful.
I pray for my friends. They're so amazing and go through so much. Sometimes I wonder what we did to deserve such situations to fall upon us, but they just happen. We just keep faith, grow stronger and do it together. I'm thankful for talking tonight. Praise and worship music keeps me strong tonight: "Here is Our King" "You Said" "Came to My Rescue"
I pray for those tonight for whom I do not know.