Monday, June 23, 2008

Night 1 of River '08

Daniel and I drove out here after I got off work. I’d never driven this far before (4 hours), and quite honestly, I was kinda scared. I didn’t let anyone see, but I was on a mission to prove it to myself that I could do it. I’m excited for this weekend, catching up with one of my best friends who I haven’t been talking to too much lately. As I write this I’m playing Phase 10 with my sister, her friend, my mom and Daniel. I HATE this game! I’m losing so bad that it’s not funny, but it saul goode because it’s playing a game with the fam, something I’ve been trying to get started for the last couple years (if only my dad wasn’t so tired from today, hopefully he’d be out here too).

Wow, I have been on the same phase, always one card short, for the last 20 minutes…this is intense!

That was night 1. The boat didn’t work on the first try, but we think we fixed it and hopefully it will work tomorrow.

I don’t really know what to expect because it feels like such a different river trip compared to normal. The usually people aren’t here. I really like how people keep texting me telling me not to drown =) I really appreciate the concern so if I begin to drown, I’ll remember your texts and voicemails and make sure to swim safely back to shore =D haha. I think that would be a good outlook to have in life: Keep your head above water. When that water is 6 feet deep, a strong swimmer will keep his head up and know that he will breathe the fullness of fresh air once again.

Whatever comes of this, I know that things are really looking up. When you come here, to the river, it’s hard not to look up (there are SOOOO many stars, and I saw satellites for the first time tonight). Look up, be happy, be humble (I need to be more humble, especially after Phase 10). Did I ever tell you how much I love praise and worship music? =)