Sunday, May 31, 2009

Make Your Own Memories

This world's a meat market, but not when I'm here.

This past school year has been such a blessing. Who would have thought how many friendships I would have developed in that time? Who woulda thought that Scuba and I would be better friends than we ever were? Who woulda thought that I'd be in both the 2010 and 2011 skits during Spring Banquet? Who woulda thought I would watch the end of the year slideshow (which Bellamay did awesome on, I might add), and be on the brink of tearing up. Speaking of Bellamay's slideshow, I think it inspired me to create one for next year. It was so awesome and I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to make. I guess it's time to step up and fill in the roles of the upperclassmen because it's obvious that they can't be around forever. I wonder if the youth in other groups are observant enough to notice this and volunteer to step up =P

One thing that really stood out to me tonight was the roasts. A lot of the roasts were really good and showed all the good memories people had with each other. I've known my Liwanag friends for some time now, and I want to start creating more memories with them on personal levels: less group, more individual hangouts. I call this "creating your own memories." One person in particular is Mark Sescon. He's probably the chillest guy I know (he definitely has the BEST hospitality for his friends at his house) and I've learned a lot from him in a small amount of time. I wanted to roast him tonight because he was the only 09'er that I really knew the most, but when I thought about it, I didn't feel I could do Mark justice because I didn't know what memories I could share. As I sit here writing this though, more and more memories are starting to come back to me. I really can't wait to collaborate with him on "China Man" (aka film of the summer). I also think it would be cool to go to Vegas spontaneously with him. Speaking of spontaneity, Ace and I are planning on doing something spontaneous. We just need to find a day that our schedules will allow it and plan something to do (which I believe defeats the purpose of spontaneity). Victor King (who I share my birthday with) is another cool guy, that I've started to get to know and want to know him better.

I'm too tired to write anymore. Congratulations '09. I know you guys will be successful because you've all got the balls to put on singlet leotards.