Last night was pretty tight. It was by no means my favorite show, but there was nothing wrong with Mae. They may not be my favorite band, but I wished I would have listened to some more songs and got to know them better before going to their show. Two of their songs I thought were really great though. I'm starting to think that my favorite bands are those with a designated vocalist(s) (ie. only sings and doesn't play instruments) with the exception of Everybody Else and We Shot the Moon (Jonathan Jones plays the keyboard in a lot of their songs). Also, why is the keyboard player always the weirdest, most out of place looking member of the band unless they're the lead singer? What's up with that? My favorite bands all have a vocalist that only sings: The Morning Of, The Higher, My American Heart, June, Paramore, Aerosmith, and Meg & Dia (even though she plays the tambourine).
I gave my last speech today. At first I was thinking that I shouldn't have gone out to the show last night, but I didn't need to worry that much. It wasn't my best, but I was definitely relieved when I was done. I went to my car and the song "Wooden Soldiers" by Person L was playing. This song was so chill and relaxing, a perfect ending to my speech ("Wooden soldiers take a breath, and relax"). I know Mark was telling me about a lot of their songs being about smoking marijuana, but that doesn't make their music any less good.
I'm tired, but I'm gonna go have dinner with Stephanie right now. I'm gonna tell her my life story about religion, and I'm going to start being a good sponsor for her confirmation next week. Happy birthday shoutouts to Ram and Bellamay this week. Sorry, I couldn't make your dinner tonight Bellamay, but I'll see a lot of you guys tomorrow.