Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God Called My Name Today

So yeah, God called my name during Liwanag today (more accurately during praise and worship). I came to Liwanag tonight with my heart (and mind) set on finishing up the research for my speech. What ended up happening was a whole lot of not-doing-what-I-came-here-to-do.

I got to Liwanag, and I got out my laptop. Then I realize we're doing Bible Skits (my favorite type of meeting), so I've got to put my homework on hold. After acting all humorous, I got out my laptop and started researching. I went to the kitchen so I could sing, read the lyrics and do my work at the same time. My good friend Ace is praying during praise and worship, and quite honestly I was paying too much attention to my homework to notice. Then all of a sudden I hear my name said out loud over the speakers. Ace had said something about me in his prayer, but I knew it was God really talking to me there. He was saying, Steve we appreciate all you've done and all you will do, and everything you've influenced for the better...but you're not done yet, so put your homework away and pay attention (or something along those lines =P). I thank Ace for saying those good things about me, and I really appreciate it, and it definitely brought me back to God tonight. It helped me focus on what's important and not put too much stress on something as simple as a speech. God answers prayers, and although some people may disagree with me, he says don't focus too much on school or you might forget about the real important things in the process.

Help me pay attention to God's call. Like we sang in the song tonight, I'll go where you need me to go.