Am I called to be a lector every week? I don't think so. But I believe there is something better I can do: I can motivate the future lectors and give them my advice on what it takes to serve the ministry of lectoring (I still think I'm spelling it wrong). In this way, I don't have to take it upon myself to interest people in the word of God, but I can alter the dynamism of how others approach reading. It's a skill many people can learn, but takes a lot of confidence. At first you're going to be embarrassed reading in a style different from how people have been listening to the liturgy of the Word for years, but I feel it's going to make a lot more people actually start paying attention instead of just looking at the words.
I can help by helping. I don't need to do it all by myself, but I can teach people how to do it.
(Reminder to self: pick up Adam Kennedy, and drop sucky David Ortiz)