Monday, May 25, 2009

Good Day Reading

Today could best be described as a good day. Woke up, went to Law's graduation lunch. Great choice by law because the buffet korean bar.b.q. was delicious and I had a great time. Mike and I got to clear the air between each other, and I'm happy to move forward with him. He's one of my best friends, and I hate for us to disagree, but it happens occasionally. Our planning for Backyard/Frontyard Brawl with Tony looks like it has the potential to be the best one yet, as far as cinematography and availability of actors go.

After lunch, I went home to relax for a bit, then off to a good GL meeting. It was basically a workshop meeting designed to increase our interest in serving various ministries during the liturgy of the mass, and I think it accomplished its goal. I definitely started thinking about Lectoring (or however you spell it) again. Then I was given the chance to do it again at mass, and I had so much fun. I realize that God has given me a gift, and this might be the way I could reach out to the largest amount of people possible: by bringing his word (literally) to hundreds of people. I personally find a lot of readings during the Liturgy of the Word to be quite boring, and this is my chance to change people's view of this part of the mass. I can make it more exciting and engaging for them just by reading. If God gave me the talent to grab people's attention, I might as well use it to get their attention on him, huh huh huh? ;) I'll definitely reflect on this more when I'm not so tired as I am right now laying in bed, and my words will sound much more comprehensive =P. Btw, it was great seeing Paula back, lectoring side-by-side with me. Man I've missed her laugh =) and that boyo John seems like a pretty cool guy, even if he didn't write a book... =/ (insert only a select few getting this inside joke here).

Finished the night chilling at Scuba's house watching Step Bros. for the upteenth time.

I liked today, but tomorrow is game time. Basketball, exhaustion, fun, and sunburns here I come!