Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baseball Time

Sometimes I am just overwhelmed with how much I love my job. Sometimes I'll pull up my driveway, just sit in the car, and really appreciate how my job affects me like a cool ocean wave. It goes back and forth, but it's refreshing and fun to body board in ;). Today was great. My baseball boys won again 19-1, but more importantly they're having fun and learning. They've still got a long way to go, but to think that none of these guys even talked to each other before making the team together and seeing where they're at now is really wonderful. On the way back from the game, the guys were doing the Samoan dance we've been learning at Boys and Girls Club. I thought this was hilarious because whenever we practice the dance, they're always the first ones to complain and try to get out of it, but here they were doing the dance on their own and having a great time.

On another note relating to baseball, I might be the assistant coach for the Junior Boys All Star team. If I take it, I'm going to be really busy, but it's going to be awesome. I'm going to get paid extra just for coaching and doing something I love. The only problem that might come up because of this opportunity would be having a lack of free time. I really want to get an internship this summer, and if I get it, something's probably going to have to give. I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle three jobs. You know what they say, "mo' money, mo' problems."

Still, I'm very excited about my future. Now if only I had someone to call to share my excitement with.