"And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best"
This song means a lot to me. It's more than just another "Disney" song. I'm on a journey. It's a journey where I know not my destination. I'm a warrior, a wide-eyed wanderer, and I'm searching for the love tonight. I want to feel it, I want to hold it close, and it's enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best. I have a question for myself: Am I a king or a vagabond? Am I a leader or a wanderer? Am I both? Do I lead people in directions I do not know the answer to? I'd like to thing I'm both a leader and a wanderer, doing great things, leading, but still searching for his own. You have no idea how much I want to love you, but you have to accept that love first. Who says that you need to be alone in order to grow? The times I grew most in my faith/life/strength was with people that cared about me.
I'm a wanderer. I don't know where I'm going to end up, but every action is a step on that journey, an experience, that brings me closer to my destination. I think the word "vagabond" is an awesome word. It means a person without a permanent home who moves from place to place. I don't stay put, I don't want to. I want to fly, but at the same time I want to bring everyone with me. I like this journey.
I don't care if my blogs make sense or not because they help me formulate my thoughts, and I really enjoy writing them =). Today was great, happy birthday party to Gerard. We had a good time chilling and singing karaoke. The day before we had our liwanag family night and played Apples to Apples. One thing I've really liked about the last couple of days is giving other people the opportunity to know me better. I haven't been as loud or extravagant as I usually am. I'm doing this in an effort to show the real me, to take off the mask I hide behind with all the loud noises and funny jokes. I think it's working thus far.
One thing I want to say before I go to bed is how much I love receiving compliments. Whether it be for my work, my ethics, my style of clothes, music, jokes, etc. I love it. My boss noticed the other day that I would rather be reviewed and told how good of a job I'm doing than be given a raise, and he's right. Words are money to me, and I highly value your words.
I hope you find what your looking for, all of you, and don't forget how amazing you are. Mel put it great today. He said, "I'm only half Filipino." I asked what his other half was, and he said "Half Amazing."
I want to know you better, but I'm a vagabond.
(or a king in a vagabond's disguise)
There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you
And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best
There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours