Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dancing with Emotion and TM

I love to dance, and I think I'm pretty good, but I've also come to terms with the fact that I'm definitely not the best out there, and I'm totally okay with that. I have my own style, much different than most people's, and I bring in my own moves. I really like dancing, but one thing I learned today is that you can always improve, and there are people who are MUCH more passionate about dancing than I will ever be.

Learning a dance routine from Team Millennia today was TIGHT! We got to hang out with Tony's friend Hannah, who taught us some good moves she made up for a Paramore song. I've got to be honest, this is definitely not a style I would have ever seen myself doing, but like Tony told me before, we needed to come into this with an open mind. After watching Hannah perform the whole thing, we looked at each other with a look that said "Oh shit, we're fucked." But we managed anyway. It was a lot of fun learning the moves (even though some of them messed up my knee), but we definitely weren't the best in the class. I'm very excited to go back, but there's something I really want to motivate myself to learn:

Dancing with emotion.

I really just dance to move. I like impressing people and I don't like standing still. But I don't really dance to let out emotions or as an outlet or something. I realize I care enough to want to do that, but I never really do out of fear that I people will look at me funny, or it won't look tough enough, I dunno. I learned today that you just need to let it go. I need to quite worrying about the motions, and start letting out my e-motions (nice pun huh ;) ). I can't wait to go back and hang out with them some more, and get to know the people there. They seem pretty chill.

We've got to hit up the club this week. Let's do it.