Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What a Trip

Can good really describe today? Are there some words that just don't exist in the English language to describe a day like today? I can't call it amazing because I don't feel amazed. I can't call it fun because it was deeper than that. Can't call it crazy because it seemed to be very slow-paced (I finished a whole book today). Can't call it a bad day because there was nothing bad involved. It had some weird moments, but weird can not encompass a day like today. Today wasn't quite epic or legit, but a good word for today would be a trip.

Yes, today was a trip. Started off a little bit later than planned, but we got the ball rolling. We finally got to have our Barnes and Noble day, however short-lived it may have been, and before that I had homemade tacos from Stephanie (Nani's) House that she and Ji made. Barnes and Noble was great. I finished J. K. Rowling's new book, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in around 2 hours. Next I moved on to Artie Langes' autobiography, Too Fat to Fish, which seemed like it would have been great. But mission was aborted to watch over Stephanie's brothers. They're actually pretty cool, and I had a fun time regardless of what people might think. I got to see Ji's uninterested facial expressions which prompted the nickname for her, OG (Ohhhh Ji...). Probably one of my favorite moments today was when Stephanie told me that the card I made her was the BEST card anyone has ever given her. Not "one of the best," but THE BEST. Boy was I happy, the content in the Christmas card helped hide the fact that I can't draw for beans =P We got to watch Encino-Man too. That movie brought back some great memories (Squeeze the Juice!!!). Ended the night playing DDR and Scuba dropping off Christmas presents while we drank hot chocolate. Tomorrow I wake up super early to go with Stephanie and Ji to the airport. Why is it that this whole break I've been waking up early? =/

I learn the most from one-on-one conversations. I learn about you and see your true character. Those times are usually spread out and far between because of the great number of people that are always there too. I still want to have a chill day with Ace, visit Charmaine and Charlene separately at work, get to know Paula, Alyssa, and everyone a lot better. I like one-on-one better than groups because you don't judge what you say by all the people that are listening. You, instead, focus your words on one particular person down one direct channel, and are more likely to open a trusting relationship with each other. I don't think my friend and I have spent more than 30 minutes with each other without someone else being there too. Words become tailored and lose their openness (unless of course everyone is real tight with each other). I, for one, know that I have not been the most open.

I solved my hanging out with multiple people problem. I'm just going to have to turn down some people from time to time. It's not that they'll hate me, they'll accept me and help me get through it as long as their my friends. This came to me through a recent song by one of my favorite bands, The Morning Of, called You Vs. The World.

"even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to hold you up
even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to be your crutch
even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to hold you up
even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to be your crutch
even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to hold you up
even sunshine burns if you get too much
we're always here to hold you up"

Sometimes we get too much of a good thing and end up getting burned. Hold on and hold each other up. That's what we're all here for <3