Monday, December 29, 2008

Down But Not Out

I came home tonight in a tired and bummed mood. I went out to play basketball with the guys from Liwanag, which was fun, but it took a lot out of me. On top of that, one of our friends, Jason, ended up dislocating or breaking his elbow. Paramedics came and took him to the hospital. I sure hope he's okay.

After basketball, I was planning on hanging out with LK. We haven't seen each other in the longest time, and she told me she be willing to chill tonight. I texted her and it turned out she couldn't hang out. I was dead tired, but I didn't want to go home just yet because I knew that if I did, I would never leave. I still wanted to hang out and talk since I had stayed alone at home for the most part of the day. Another one of my friends couldn't hang out, which was another letdown =/ Then Scuba couldn't, then Daniel couldn't, then Tony couldn't. My day had been so unhealthy, not eating very much food other than cereal and cheezits, so I wanted to go get some "healthy" fruity Jamba Juice and nuture my wounds along the company of friends, but alas...it wasn't meant to be.

I got home limping through the door. My mom then asks me if I could take Corky for a walk. Any other time I say yes, but I told her that I was pretty sore and was about to go soak my feet in hot water. I asked her if she could do it since she wasn't doing anything. She told me "no" and that if I didn't walk him she would put him in my room for him to pee on everything. What a bust. So I then proceeded to walk my dog around the block, both of us limping the entire way.

When I got back I decided to salvage my Jamba Juice fail by making myself some ice cold vitamin water (orange because that's the only kind I drink =) ). I then read my book as I soaked my feet in the bathtub. As I sat there thinking, I came to a realization: I am WAY too smart to sit here feeling sorry for myself. I've got good things going for me, and yeah, it was a bust my friends weren't able to come help me out, but I shouldn't expect them to be living their lives according to my time. I need to be more considerate of how other people live their lives. I know tomorrow brings a new day with new joy, and though I might be a little sore, it will be filled with potential. I hope a couple people change their minds and decide to go to the Improv tomorrow night because I know they WON'T regret it, but I will be fine if they don't.

BIG NEWS: I had the amazing opportunity to watch Fight Club for the first time today, and, boy, did I carpe diem that shit ;)

I really like this song Wishing Well right now by Airborne Toxic Event (weird name), but props to Daniel for introducing me to them. They're growing on me, but I only like two songs right now.

So you stand on the corner
Where the angels sit
And you think to yourself,
"This is it, this is it
This is all that I have
All I can stand
Is this air in my lungs
And this coin in my hand"
That you tossed in the air
And I fell, and I fell
All the way to the bottom
Of the well, of the well
Like those soft little secrets
That you tell, that you tell
To yourself, when you think
No one's listening to, well