Joy is amazing
Joy is glad
Joy can never be hardened and mad.
Joy is friends
Joy is hope
Joy can never be tied down with a rope.
Joy is you
Joy is me
Joy can live with us for eternity
This joy in my heart
This joy on my sleeve
This joy will make sure that I never leave.
What is this joy
What is this love
What could it be that comes down from Above?
What does it matter
When will it end?
This torn heart surely will mend.
My friends are my joy
My friends are my life
My friends are always there through the troubles and strife.
My family is far
But my family is joy
The issue may be I'm perceived as coy.
Far from the truth
Far from the facts
I'm full of energy and fun when I don't relax.
They say I'm a doer
They say I can plan
When's the last time you hung out with this man?
Don't forget about me
Don't forget about laughs
Let's float on together on our Fruit Loop-shaped rafts.
The sea is so fierce
The current so strong
But to give up this early surely would be wrong.
Liwanag you rock
You help me to sing
Sing for His Love like it's the next big thing.
I wish I could sing
I wish I had tune
Come on Santa, bring me this soon.
Mission accomplished
Mission is here
My mission is to overcome this fear (of being overjoyed).
I finally got a chance to freestyle a poem. I wrote this all free hand right now. I can't remember the last time I did something like this, but if I had to guess, it would be sometime early summer, when I first started talking to Tina. You never know what can evoke your next emotion. Liturgy of the Eucharist (Mass) was great today. The priest tied in the Christmas vigil readings together and talked about "Joy." He mentioned joy coming from the ability to LIVE, to be alive each day. We should be thanking God that we are alive, and should live to seize each day for Him (idle hands are the devil's playground). Joy comes from family and friends. I can relate to joy coming from my friends much easier because I have such strong relationships with them, and they bring me so much joy. The source of my happiness comes from the positive people I have around me. They make it so easy to see Christ in other people. Life wouldn't be a fun without them.
What do I want for Christmas? The answer. I'm real confused right now and I'm not sure why. I'm really happy right now, but something feels like it's rising in the horizon to eff it up. You know what I say to that horizon-rising-thingy? I say "Eff you horizon-rising-thingy! Bring it on because though I don't know what to do, I'm at a point in my life where I'll be stronger after facing this foe."
I'm afraid of hurting people, that's why I choose my words as carefully as I do because my mouth has gotten me in trouble from time to time. Things I wouldn't consider inappropriate or immature are sometimes seen differently by others. I want to become a master of my words, but my delivery needs to become a lot quicker or the world is just going to pass me by (that's why I'm rushing sometimes).