Now this was a very weird feeling. I was reading a friend's facebook page, and I saw that person getting invited to play in a football game on Thanksgiving. I remember that being me last year, getting invited to play, but it seems I've fallen out of touch with those friends. Anyway, I was imagining myself running with the football and scoring a touchdown, something I've never done in tackle football, and all of a sudden I realized I was breathing a little hard and my heart was beating really fast. I was only brushing my teeth...
It's dangerous, playing football with guys you don't know without any pads. You don't know how safe they are or how well everyone's going to protect each other, so that was a major turnoff for me as for why I didn't get into it too much. But really, I miss it. I miss playing football, and I kinda miss getting called by my friends to come play with them. It showed me how important I was, or at least that they recognized my talent.
One of the biggest "what-ifs" in my life revolves around football. One of them is what if I would have played all four years of high school? Would I be playing at a university right now. I may not have the freakish size, but I had the talent, especially after only one year of playing. The other "what-if" is the biggest: What if I ran with the ball? Not once did I touch the ball, play any offense, or pick up the ball and run in the time I've played tackle football. Two-hand touch: nobody can catch me, what if we played tackle, could anyone bring me down? I really want to know because in my head, I say "no," but I'll never know for sure until I do it. I would like to go play a game of football with my friends again and ask them to let me run the ball, even just once, to see what I can do. I'm one of the fastest people I know, and I feel like I can avoid tackles rather than just "break tackles." I could never play football in highschool because I couldn't hear the plays and my coach didn't want to bother teaching me signs. Someday I'm going to get to live this dream. I can't imagine growing old and never knowing...
Last night Tony, Camila, and I went to my favorite bowling alley, 300, again. It was their first time, and I'm pretty sure they had a good time. I scored over 100 my first game (I was happy because that was my mission), and Tony won the second game. It was fun.
Tonight, I got to make it to the end of Liwanag and eat their great Filipino food like pizza, and chicken, and soda, and sun chips, and cake...and Yanice's brownies (mmmmm, good Filipino food ;) ). I told Yanice that I loved her brownies and she told me that she loved my face. I think I blushed (reference to a previous blog) haha =P