Tonight definitely did not disappoint! What a great night. I was so glad we got to the show in perfect time to watch The Morning Of. They're becoming one of my favorite bands (I bought their CD and a shirt AND got to shake the hand of their BEAUTIFUL singer, Jessica). I really like how they performed instead of just standing up there singing like most bands. It makes them stand out among the pretenders. My friends that came with me were great. This was my first time watching My American Heart without Tony and Camila, so I was thinking it was gonna be a little bit awkward, but Mark and Julisa saved me from that. Mark started moshing with me, and Jerick and Julisa pushed their way up to the front to watch the show front row (while taking a beating from behind from our guys in the middle ;) ). Ace stayed back so that Charmaine and Charlene could protect him, but I know he secretly wanted to jump into that mosh of people. Charlene and Charmaine were so cute when they tried to push their way to the front row, only to be DENIED! by a brick wall of people. Haha, they'll get it next time. Jerick and I started busting moves and dancing when Danger Radio played, but other than that, the band was pretty forgettable to me. Everyone else seemed to like them though. It was my first time going to a show with Julisa. She's a real chill show buddy, she knew it was a good show when we left.
Starbucks story: We decided to get some Starbucks before the show because I was so tired, I didn't think I would survive the night. As we got out of the car, Jerick was sitting in the front seat, Julisa in the back, Jerick got out and closed the door...on my TWO DOOR car, hhaahhahah! Effectively trapping Julisa in my car. I was laughing so hard. I got out of the car and said, "Jerick, you noob, you closed her in (haha)." It was fun calling Jerick a noob.
I still haven't decided how hard I'm going to study for my finals. I know I want to get good grades, but I have a bone to pick with one of my idiosyncrasies/habits: I hate being like everyone else. I really like to set myself apart from everyone else, whether it be beneficial or not (that might explain why I'm Catholic, and I try to learn more and more when a lot of people would just settle. Speaking of which, there was a time in my faith when I thought to myself, "Is there any reason to know all this stuff. Life was much easier when I was more naive." But that's the problem right there, we live our lives in naivety and never fully understand what we're doing and why. Sorry for the tangent, back to studying =P ). A lot of people I have talked to have really stressed out about their finals, to the point where their grade makes or breaks their education plans. I'm like wow, I don't think I'm at that point EVER, or maybe I am, but I just don't know it because I don't stress it as important. I'm not sure because I try so hard to set myself apart and not study, that, in reality, I'm only hurting myself with my individuality. If there's anything I learned from Catholicism it's that we don't go to heaven as individuals, but as a community. We enter the kingdom of heaven together, support each other, and treating each other as we would like to be treated, just as Jesus taught. There's much more to it than that, but in essence it is a call for community, not the individuality I cherish. Maybe I could become like others by practicing their effective study habits, or working with each other to get smarter (study). I do remember having a fun time studying my World Religions with Ace and them after the Liwanag summer retreat.
Well this has been such a great night. Thank you God for this blessing. I'm going to try harder to stop putting You in the backseat.