Sunday, December 7, 2008

SuperEpicMission Saturday

Can I do it? Yes I mutha effin can!

Quote of the day: "Hey Steve, guess what. I've been getting good at cussing. I'm almost fluent. What happened to your effin hair?" -Q.

My goodness, what a great Saturday. The day itself was an epic mission. It really started late Friday night.

10pm Friday- I call up Scuba to see if he wants to bust a mission with me to do some reconnaissance for the Paul Frank sale the next day. Now I've been waiting for this sale the whole year. Tony and Camila took me to my first one last year, which I was kind of sketchy about, but it ended up being great clothes at a sweet deal (I ended up wearing those clothes the whole year and they're definitely sticking around). So Scuba and I go pick up Isobel from Red Robins and drive on over to Costa Mesa to check out the place. On the way over there, we almost hit a rabbit. So I stopped the car, and Scuba and I jumped out and began chasing it to finish the mutha effer off (silly rabbit...roads are for CARS!). There was no one at the warehouse, so we decided that it was safe to come back the next day at 5.

1am Saturday- We go to Food-4-Less to buy supplies for the next day and we get Cheezit Duoz (really good). Then go back home to sleep until 5 to go back to Costa Mesa.

5am- Scuba wakes me up then tells me he's not going to be able to make it. That's cool, he had stuff to do and the clothes were probably not his style anyway, I've still got Izzie. So Isobel and I ride over to Paul Frank to get a good spot in line. We get there around 6am and there's only 30 people in front of us! This is gonna be good. We're going to get right in and out of there. This is a necessity for me because later that day, I would be driving to Santa Barbara to watch Stephanie's choir performance that night.

730am- Tony, Camila, and her friend...we'll call her Camila because I don't remember her name, show up. Boy I bet they were happy to see us have such good spots in line =) There's no way I would have had as much fun as I did without them being there. Tony has got to be one of my favorite persons to shop with and it was a blast. We were the first group to get in at 910am. I bought slacks, a vest, a heavy jacket, shorts, 2 pairs of cool underwear, 2 belts, a purse for a friend, a backpack, and 2 wallets. This normally would have come out to be somewhere over $500, but with the Paul Frank sale, I spent only $112. Oh yeah, I AM the man. You are SO jealous =P Maybe I got you a Christmas present. Maybe not, we'll see ;)

11am- We spent 2 hours there, even though we were only allowed to be there 1 hour. We tried to sneak by the workers there and buy these really cool Paul Frank backpacks, but the workers were jerks and hid them =(. We bought the clothes, said our goodbyes, then it was off to drop Izzie off at work, then go home and take a nap.

12pm- On my way home, I passed by St. Polycarp, and Carlos' dad's funeral was still finishing up. I made an illegal u-turn and headed back to the parish to pay my respects to the Soto family. Carlos helps us out with so much, and I felt kind of helpless to really be able to help him on this tragic day for him. May God bless the Soto family, and may Oscar Soto be with Him in heaven.

1230pm- Took a nap
110pm- Scuba arrives to wake me up. I take a shower and get all my stuff ready to go.

210pm- We end up leaving to Stephanie's house in "Anahiem Island" (it's an island NOT surrounded by water. Weird, huh? I think so) to pick up clothes for the fire survivors in Santa Barbara.

230pm- We're off on the road, beginning our road trip of laughter, music, and fun.

...To be continued (I've got to go to Eucharist right now).

Edit- Kk, I'm back.

5pm- we make it to Isla Vista to drop our stuff off at Scuba's cousin's house. They watch basketball, while I rest up for the night ahead.

7pm- We got get dinner, and I text Quinn to see what she's doing. Apparently she really wants to go to the concert too. Whoa boy, now it's a party. I can't remember the last time I've seen Quinn. At one point she was one of my closest friends and my biggest confidant for what I would have to say. It was sooooo great seeing her though. I'm glad things are going well for her, she deserves it with all the hard work that she puts herself through.

8pm- We make it to Stephanie's concert on time! Ok, now it's party time. The show was not what I expected, but it was real good nonetheless. I was expecting Christmas caroling and solos, but it was the opposite.

10pm- We went to Stephanie's "suite" and played a great version of el Scrabble' with her cool suitemates. Apparently, because I keep score, I cheat to win. Now I don't know what this cheating business is about, but Megan and I dominated last night. I need to stop being so competitive and just let others win for a change. I wonder if it changes people's perceptions of me.

1245am Sunday- We take Quinn home and go back to Scuba's cousin's house to play Street Fighter and fall asleep at 3am.

This was a very vague, unusual style of my blogging. I don't like it because it has more quantity than substance. I'll write something substantial soon, but tomorrow is going to be essay night because I'm gonna go to an event (Mona Vie) and come home and write 4 pages about it. Goodluck to me, and what an AWESOME Saturday! Thanks to Tony, Camila, Isobel, Scuba, Stephanie, Quinn, Brian, Ji, and Stephanie's suitemates (Megan, Elery, Kat, Sarah, and Jamie) for making it happen.

Just like the NBA commercials...This is where ___________ happens. =)