you don't make good decisions under stress. Its like me putting a gun to your head and say "WHAT'S THE CAPITAL OF OREGON?!" You: "uhh, um, Pittsburgh" boom!
We drafted for our fantasy football teams today. Unfortunately, Scuba and I missed the first two rounds, so I didn't get to pick the two guys I wanted most (Larry Fitzgerald and Peyton Manning). Here's the kicker, had I been there...I could have had BOTH! =( Oh well, I still like my team, even if I don't have an emotional investment into them. It's not going to change my favorite team the Colts even though I don't have any of their players, but I also think I'm going to be rooting for the Giants and the Vikings this year. Call me a bandwagoner, but I like the players on those teams (if only Plaxico wouldn't have shot his dumbass, they might be my favorite team).
I got to talk with the girl from my Film class again today. She's really cool, and I learned something today when talking with her. I learned that whenever you meet someone new, you always have this awkward stage in the beginning where you're not sure what to say so you ask questions about the other person getting to know their interests. It can be awkward, especially with the 30 second pauses in between questions as you think of something to say, but once you find that ONE THING that connects you, then everything else just seems to fall into place. With Ace it was Anime and Death Note. With Mike Pascual it was going splinter cell and jumping over fences at the Servite-Edison game. With LK it was both our loves of indie music that brought us together. With Tony it was the Confirmation Retreat and him impressing me that brought us out of that beginning awkward stage. With this girl, it was both our dislike for this one guy in class who was really bugging. After that, we talked about everything, and I learned how competitive she can be. Interesting...looks like I'll have someone to compete against when it comes to my projects ;)