Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Got Rocked

Slightly bruised and broken.

My knee hurts, my arm hurts, my hand is bruised, and my heart hurts. I know I'm strong enough to do it, but just like anything that takes a lot of work, I'll need practice. I'll need to go to the proverbial gym to make myself stronger with my personal workout coach, God.

Today was good. It started off with Tony, Camila, and I on a mission to ride the water rides at Disneyland. Unfortunately, little did we know, that they all break down on the hottest days, so we were only able to go on Grizzly Rapids and the canoes. Even though we only did three things (we ended with Innoventions) it was still a tiring, yet memorable day. I had always wanted to ride the canoes since I was a little kid. My friend Cody had told me about them and how tiring it was to paddle. Well, I could see how weak-sauce people could get tired on this, but I felt it was a lot of fun =P Not only that, but the tourguide had some awesome jokes. I love Innoventions because there's so much to do there, and the AC is heaven 0 =).

Next, Scuba and I played some bball with the Liwanag guys. Many people don't know this, but when I do things with other people who I know are better than me, I lose a lot of confidence. It's an issue I've had my whole life, and something that has always motivated me to be the best at what I do so I don't have to feel a certain way. I ended up playing horribly, and punching the pole, which in turn caused my hand to swell up (great...). I need to accept that I won't be the best at everything I do, but I should still try to enjoy and be thankful for everything I have.

I'm super stoked for the river. Ace, Scuba, and Nick Terry are coming and everyone sounds very excited. My only worry is that they're going to make me look bad by helping out my parents clean every little thing (I guess I'm going to just have to outdo them =P ).

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every Breath I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord, have Your way in me