Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Day

If your day was half as good as mine, you'd still have a good day. It was great seeing Jaimee Sia again, even though I wish the circumstances could be better. We decided to roll out on an adventure to take our mind off things and somehow ended up at the beach. We walked up and down Main St. and decided to start things off with a Jamba Juice. We got to catch up on the super windy beach. I felt sorry for the hardcore body boarding noobs who tried to catch choppy waves in the cold wind. It looked like they were trying to ride moving icicles. After the beach and checking out a couple of stores, Jaimee and I came back here to watch the rest of Forgetting Sarah Marshall before rolling out to Chain Reaction with Scuba to see The Higher.

The Higher definitely did not disappoint. They rocked out and played a lot of new music (my favorites include The Undertaker and their cover of Ne-Yo's Closer). Overall it was a fun experience with Jaimee and Scuba (who got to see his first Chain Reaction show), and every member of The Higher ended up signing my CD. I felt a little bit like one of those crazy fans because I asked every individual member for an autograph, but I was on a mission, and they were pretty cool about it (it just felt awkward). That might have been my last Higher show for awhile, as I'll probably be saving my money to do things like go to Europe or Hawaii for even more adventures =)

Until next time...smooth sailing.

Added at 11:57 - Some things are better left unsaid. Is it better to have the great memories of someone or to see them again as someone you barely recognize? You're moving away, but you've been away for too many years already. I'll always carry our memories in my heart.