Today was a good day that ended sore.
I went to Disneyland with Jem, her sister Jenn, and Huan for Jem's birthday. It was a lot of fun, especially since we did so much. It was great to do some canoeing and to be reunited with Splash Mountain after so many years apart. I would have said Splash Mountain was my favorite part of the day, but it was filled with so many good things that it's hard to choose just one. I really liked the picture I took with Tigger where we both jumped high in the air. I also really liked Fantasmic. When I watch that show, I feel like a kid again, and just sit back and enjoy it. It was cool getting to know Jem's sister. She was a lot of fun to hang out with most of the time, but at times she could be brutal (to my jokes ;) ). I only wish she woulda felt more comfortable to talk more, or maybe that's just how she is. The day ended with us limping away from Disneyland one at a time, and retreating back to our respective homes. It was a LONG day, and we were all tired.
One thing I'll remember is the sign I saw on Indiana Jones as we were leaving the ride: "Great treasures come to those who choose WISELY." Not "patience," nothing extravagant, just the blunt honest truth of choosing wisely. As we were searching for seats later that night for Fantasmic, Jenn and I found a small patch of ground. She said we should sit there. I decided to make the choice to give that spot up to move a little further down, which resulted in finding a big patch of ground with perfect seating. We chose wisely, and were rewarded for it. =)
Happy birthday Jem! I hope your 21st was as good as mine.