Thursday, August 6, 2009

Talking Confidence

Round 2...and I've got a plan.

The first time I tried this, I half-assed it and went in with very little confidence. I was talking with multiple people at the time, so I thought Hey if this doesn't work out, something else will. Now I'm going to give it all my effort, all my charm, lookout world here comes Sexy Steve Forton.

Wow did I really just say that? =P Confidence is the key to life. I was talking with Duke about it Sunday night. He felt that he didn't do that good of a job hosting the GL meeting. I thought he did a great job, especially for doing it for the first time, but one thing he could work on is his confidence. As my persuasive speaking teacher once said, "Fake it until you make it," or in other words, pretend you have confidence until you really do. I told Duke that one I speak in front of people, I'm really nervous and I have no idea what I'm saying. I personally have an issue with confidence, which leads to half the time I'm speaking in front of people, I'm actually channeling my acting skills in order to come across as a man who knows what he's talking about. If you act confident people will believe in you even if what you're saying is total bullshit. That's the society we live in, and you need to learn how to play the game: fake confidence.