Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wisdom and 2011

What happens when you put Ace, Charmaine, Charlene, Nez, and Joyce in an adventure with me? A lot of fun, that's what. I had a great time tonight. A semi-routine (quick) stop over at interfaith actually proved to be a lot more important and helpful than I expected. I showed up to Interfaith after finishing my midterm (which I rocked btw) and I was late for the mass. I actually thought I was going to miss the whole thing (I was picking up everyone to go to the Improv later), but I ended up getting there during the procession of the bread and wine. I knew I wasn't going to receive the Eucharist today, and I know why, but there was also another thing. It didn't feel right to show up to the banquet and only have some dinner. I missed out on the beginning to get to know the host, and it wouldn't have been right for me to eat His food otherwise. Yet as I sat there praying, asking God for strength to overcome the things I do to hurt our relationship, I was struck by the Holy Spirit. It had to do with why I've been so happy, so optimistic, so understanding lately. I remembered this past year's Steubenville where I felt blessed upon me was the gift of Wisdom. I understand all of this suffering around me, yet I have the wisdom on how to deal with it and not let these things affect me. I began thinking about all the people that stress so much with the problems in their lives and the people that blame God or destroy (or beat) themselves for not being perfect. The theme of last night's meeting for Called 2 Serve was that we are not perfect. We can't be afraid to mess up. I know that I've been happy these past couple months because, even though I mess up, foul up, hurt Him, I know that He's still there for me. Giving me that extra chance to be better. BE BETTER. Those words stick out to me because they are not the words: ACHIEVE PERFECTION. There's a possibility that I'll never be able to completely fulfill everything God wants from me, but that I try my best is all God, or anyone, could ask for. You can't do better than your best, but you can try. I pray for the people suffering, struggling to make it through each day. I pray for peace on their minds, understand that there is suffering and that it's there a lot, but don't let that suffering be your focus. Focus on the good things you are doing, and stem from those things what you're doing right and how you can improve your relationship with God.

Improv was great. 2011 friends, you may not be my year, but you're definitely my kin and I love you guys. Tapaz tomorrow hmmm? ;)