I WILL become a film maker. Today's class on the film industry really caught my interest. A critically acclaimed movie is opening here in Irvine on a low-budget production using a handheld from 2002. Other than Final Cut (editing software) I already have everything that they had to make the film with. It's all about how you use what you got and getting the best out of your performers.
I've been thinking a lot about writing a song with the great Mark Sescon. We're going to collaborate, possibly with a rap direction. This should be good, he's an awesome musician, and I've always hoped to write a song someday. Maybe we'll develop a movie from this.
Went to sleep
Went to bed,
Woke up ringing in my head.
The sheets shout
While I'm out out
Shouldn't you be dead.
But there's one thing that I got
And I know it's very hot
And that's the wings of...an angel.
I dunno, that's just a flow I made up right now. For some reason I want this song to have a faith/religious direction, because I don't hear many rap songs about God. I'm sure there's millions out there, but I don't really hear it very much, especially mainstream. You would hear someone praising God at a point in the song, but it would never really seem like the focus.
I'm the happiest that I've been in a long time. The reason for this is because I'm having a bad week. Now, I know what you're thinking: he's happy he's having a bad week? But no, what I'm happy about is that I'm having pretty shitty things going in my direction, yet I understand that it's there and it's just going to happen. Accept it and continue being happy. Surprisingly enough I learned that this is the Buddhist philosophy in class today. Life is full of suffering. To relieve that suffering, you must acknowledge that it is there and there is nothing you can do about it. Enlightenment.