Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Provacative

::currently listening to "Let Her Cry" by Hootie and the Blowfish"::

Hootie and the Blowfish are one of my favorite bands for a reason. They're songs always touch me in some way, and even though not everyone enjoys Darius Rucker's voice, it means something to me. I secretly think I enjoy being hurt. That was a weird feeling to have tonight driving home listening to this song, almost reminiscing to the other ways I've felt listening to this song before. To put that in plainer terms: have you ever had a song that brought back bad memories of someone you knew, loved, hated, met, etc? That's kind of what that song brings to me, but after a happy night of light painting (pictures to come soon), it was hard to think about it. I think I almost forced myself to reminisce on painful feelings just to make the song hurt again. I feel that is unhealthy, and I would not recommend that for anyone, but I thought it was interesting to note that people will bring up negative memories (even someone as positive as me) just because they miss certain feelings. I feel this sense of "missing" something comes from a lack of abundance in any one feeling causing me to bring up easier ones that might not be good for me. I dunno, psych majors out there? But yeah, this isn't supposed to be a sad blog, I'm happier than a dog that caught his tail, I just thought that feeling provoking was interesting.

Thanks for the light pictures and the Starbucks-less water tonight and don't be so negative/hard on yourself.

BTW I'm covered in glitter and going to bed right now. Thanks Boys and Girls Club and School =P