Friday, August 1, 2008

Lovin' My Job

Currently listening to "In the Blue" by We Shot the Moon.

You know what they say, "if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life." I haven't worked a day all summer. It's been "work," it's been hard labor, physical and mental, but never work. Boys and Girls Club has been so chill this summer even with the added pressure of coming up with creative activities and working hard on both the Yearbook and the summer video has kept me BUSY. Today we had an epic water balloon fight at the park with a grueling relay race. I didn't have to do anything but fill up waterballoons and throw them at the kids. And they call this work... Tomorrow we're taking the kids to Knott's Berry Farm. I'm getting paid for 6 hours of going on rollercoasters and hanging out with some chill kids.

Life is about choices and trying to make more right ones than wrong ones. God gave us a choice to live for Him or not. It's up to us whether we accept God's love and His plans, or to turn away and deny Him. But what does denying Him do for us? A heart full of loneliness and a life full of sadness.

Steubenville blog is almost halfway done...ehhh, this might be the last Steubenville reflection I ever write. I don't want to feel obligated.