Interesting. I've refrained from blogging this past week so that my Steubenville blog doesn't get washed away amidst the flurry of vocabulary coming from my keyboard ;) but I thought it would be a nice time to reflect before going into the GL Retreat this weekend. First of all, I'm super excited. More excited this year than I was last year. It's weird though, I'm not too high up on the Feudal Japan theme as much as I was on the Greek-Roman culture theme from last year, but the content the the spiritual mindset of the people on the retreat has me excited for big things to come and many a relationship to grow.
Last year there was this inside joke about "a tree in the garden." I'm not sure where it stemmed from, but I speculate it came from one of Mike's philosophy classes that he despised. Well anyway, we would always reference negative things happen because of "a tree in the garden." It's interesting how this tree image has sprung to me as we get closer to this retreat. A tree...grows, sometimes out of control and in many different directions. But as long as it's growing up, towards the sun, it is growing healthy and expected to live a long life unless someone comes and chops it down. I see this retreat as being a tree in the garden. We're the growing tree, and how spread out we are and how tall we are represents our relationship with God. The things around us may be beautiful or chaotic, but what matters first is that our relationship with God needs to be strong, and we need to produce fruitful vines before we start worrying about how well the garden around us is tended.
I expect Kirsten and I to be a great duo, despite our different personalities, we're both here to share our talents and to bring everyone, and each other, closer to God. Now we just have a tiny bit more work and this retreat is set.
P.S. We finished the leader's video today and it looks LEGITIMATE ;)