Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

Welcome to Cal State University of Fullerton. I couldn't sleep well last night. I was too excited for school and kept waking up. 7am until 6pm didn't disappoint. First three classes were awesome even though I'm going to have to drop Womens Studies or Communications Law (hopefully not Law, it's amazing and challenging, I've never wanted to be so challenged before). Then we had a GREAT day of trainings at work. My boss ran one, and his was fun: a lot of stuff about high yield (subtle) learning. Then the next training had us creating and performing a commercial (we did the best) and I got to be a good leader/role model for my coworkers and had a blast doing it too. We've got some of the best staff around. Then left work to come back to school for my night class. Bad idea...3 hours of confoundment during Ancient Mexican Culture. I don't know if I could stand a semester of that, so I'm going to add a class tomorrow night (if I like it, I drop Chicano studies. if not, I'm going to bulldog it out). But here's the problem: Tuesday night class = no more Liwanag at UCI this semester. I lose my weekly retreat and great social time with my friends. However, interestingly enough, my class is in Irvine, so I'll be able to hang out with everyone after Liwanag. My dad and Kirsten convinced me when they told me that Liwanag wasn't going anywhere. I'm still going to keep my great friendships, and my relationship with God isn't going to leave me. I just take a break this semester like a couple of other people I know, and come back strong in '09 (what's this, a bid for presidency?). Man, never been so excited for school.

"I just can't waiiitt........."

This next part is for me. Warning. It might sound very conceited, self-centered, or like I'm praising myself too much, but honestly it's not...It's my reality.
I have been blessed with so many talents. I am better than mediocre in almost EVERYTHING I do. Whether it be sports (baseball/football), academics (math/writing/critical thinking/never studying), dancing, communicating, video games, swimming, I'm generally very good at these things. I have been given such a range of talents that I'm becoming lost. I don't know what to do, how to use them; how God wants me to use them. I was asking God what He wants me to do with them, but I was also being honest with Him, telling Him of my selfish desires for this vocation to help me and my family and provide them security (a good amount, mind you). I know that what God really wants me to do is surrender, but it's weird being in a position where you're telling God that you want to help people, but at the same time be able to help yourself and your loved ones. I wonder if that's too much to ask. It doesn't seem like it, but sometimes your wishes aren't always granted. Right now I'm just seeking guidance and knowledge. Funny how we've got a GL meeting coming up about that next week ;)

"...to be KINGGGGGGGGGG!"