Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Love Tuesdays

Tuesdays are starting to become my favorite day of the week. Woooweee. I have so much fun conversing with my Liwanag friends from UCI and getting to know them better. I think it has this appeal to me because I know so little of their lives and they are not afraid to share with me. For the second week in a row we all conversed for HOURS without ever a dull moment.

The meeting was fun. We did a scavenger hunt where each group had a "mole" (someone placed to hinder the group and cause it to make wrong decisions) to prevent the team from finishing. Julian was our mole, but Abby put him in check telling everyone not to listen to him (we didn't know at the time that he was the mole), and Julian, being competitive, wanted to win too. It was funny ;) After that we played and prayed "action songs." Liwanag borrowed Just Like You from Guiding Light and invited me to come up and teach everyone the moves to the song. That was fun, but my humble attitude caused me to refrain from being the center of attention during a song about God (maturity maybe?). After the meeting we went to Yogurtland for Jem's birthday (happy birthday Jem! Yes, I know I've said it like 10 times to you today) and got dinner at Wienerschnitzel. It was my first time EVER at Yogurtland and I loved it! Joe was telling me that Yogurtland and Korean BBQ are the best ideas ever invented because they require very little man power and training on the employers' part. Talking with Charmaine about church history and theology was the icing on the cake for a very beautiful night. New friends, beautiful conversations, delicious food. Does it get any better than this? =) If only my friends from home were here to share all this with me, but I know they will be soon enough =D